Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
Fifty Shades of Grey is a novel by E.L. James. The story is about Ana Steele and her (
sensual adventures, discoveries ) ( submissive relationship) contract with Christian Grey.
Its a BDSM novel – period. I don’t have much to say about this novel because by now, I guess the whole world knows what this is all about. But I’d like to share some of my opinions regarding this book.
Why I read it:
- Its on the best sellers list – Naturally, every reader would always want to be on the loop with the latest best sellers.
- Online reviews and reactions from other readers – Most reviews I have seen so far speak highly of the novel and how dreamy Mr. Christian Grey is.
- Recommendations from peers and acquaintances – Well, they say I should try reading Fifty Shades since I’m such a bookworm. And I might love it.
- Talks about making this book into a movie – If it comes that far, I guess this book is really that good.
- Curious – Everyone is talking about this!
What I thought after reading:
- BDSM – more like Porn – I’d definitely rate this as “reader’s porn”. It’s just like watching porn – inside your head. Good grief for people with wild and creative imaginations!
- Best seller(?) – I can’t say its a literary masterpiece but hell it keeps me up at night.
- Content/Plot – Why do I keep thinking that there’s not much going on in the story. Well, actually there is – sex and something in between.
- Romantic(?) – Sorry, I just can’t seem to grasp how romance is brewed up in this. And I can’t get how Christian Grey is supposed to be the man in every woman’s dream – powerful,yes; rich,yes; handsome,yes; sexy,yes but those are just the physical aspects of a perfect man. How can someone who is controlling, obsessive, conceited and deceiving be dreamy?
Would I read the next two books?
- Still undecided. Some people say the first book is boring and that the second and third installments are more… exciting. Wait, so does that mean everything gets more… violent/erotic/ pornographic?!
Anyway, these are just my comments regarding the book. But if you ask me, I would still root for Mr. Darcy as the perfect dream guy and gentleman. But I guess most men nowadays are more Mr. Grey. – peace.