“Why do you love reading?”
It’s a question asked mockingly and repeatedly. It is as if reading is a sin. A grave threat to the social status. A gateway to total geek-dom or nerd-verse.
So why do I love to read?
- It’s something I’m fond of doing when I’m not really doing anything in particular.
- I enjoy the imaginative world books give me. A brief escape from reality.
- You meet different types of people and hear their journey. You become perceptive to their thoughts and feelings.
- You become creative. You weave an entire movie in your mind to the point where movie adaptations become a total letdown.
- Because in the end, things always turn out for the better.
- And because I generally think that there are more good books to read than shows to watch.
Reading is not a bore. It’s how you perceive the story which makes it boring.
Sometimes, I wish I don’t have to answer why. I just love to read and I don’t know why. I just do.