London Belongs to The Alchemist
James and Samantha Blake are back in London after an adventurous stay at their grandparents. They are now trying to go back to the life they left in London and are also excited to meet with old friends. Everything seems to be normal until they were invited to an underground party and learned that Super D is being given away by the mysterious DJ Alchemy. Add to that, Lolly Rosewood appears on their doorstep and seeks refuge in their home and proposes a truce. There are a lot going on at once and the twins’ trust for each other are tested as they are forced to defend their new found relationships.
- Since I love Lolly, it really interested me when she appeared and became part of the Blake’s home. I was beginning to think that she might have turned over a new leaf but am happy that she did not change as much.
- DJ Alchemy’s character was quite annoying. He has this self-righteous attitude and dreams too big but just cannot handle it. He is still a boy trying too hard to change the corrupt society.
- With the inclusion of gangs/mafia, the plot just stepped into a new level. Besides Rosewood and the MI5 , they now have to deal with Mr Smith and others.
- Its nice including love interests for the twins, makes you think that this really is a young adult fiction after all.
- I loved the ending since it makes you hope for what is coming up next. Where is Samantha Blake?
Thanks to Stephen for letting me read his work. 🙂