The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict by Trenton Lee Stewart
Nicholas Benedict is an orphan who finds it hard to fit in in almost all the orphanages he was in. Aside from battling narcolepsy, he also has to put up with being bullied and transferring to Rothschild’s End will be just the same – that is until he discovers about Mrs. Rothschild’s missing inheritance.
Nicholas then tries to outrun Mr. Collum, the orphanage director, into finding the hidden treasure in the estate with the help of his new friend John. They try to look for clues and solve mysteries without getting caught by the adults and the bullies alike.
- I think I like this better than The Mysterious Benedict Society Series. It was interesting to see the history of Mr. Benedict and how he became who he is.
- Although it was obvious what and where the treasure is from the start, it was entertaining to see how Nicholas tries to get to the treasure first before Mr. Collum does.
- I liked how Nicholas and John sneaks out at night without getting caught.
- The Spiders were not as essential in the story. They are bullies but they’re really useless, I think.
- All in all, most of the characters were underdeveloped. I know this is about Nicholas Benedict but I think I had too much of him and almost none of the others.