It’s that time of the year again, where work forces me to go night owl mode. I currently have 3 mini projects going on, all of which needs to be done in a rush. I love my job and I don’t mind pulling an all-nighter for things I love doing but it’s just hard to stay awake when everyone else is sleeping and the silence is deafening. So, to make light of my current situation, I’ve put my playlist on shuffle and listen to my kind of music while working the night (and early morning) away.
I’m a fan of rock/indie rock music and love playing it over and over again – to the point my sisters begin to memorize the lyrics even though they have no idea what I’m playing, haha. But since everyone’s asleep, I’m putting on my earphones, lip sync and nod my head to the music (because I need to be quiet).
My top working playlist (in no particular order):
- Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
- A Certain Romance – Arctic Monkeys
- Someday – The Strokes
- Banquet – Bloc Party
- By the Way – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Baby I’m Yours – Arctic Monkeys
- Love Lost -. The Temper Trap
- Kill Your Heroes – Awolnation
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
- Friends – Band of Skulls
Sometimes, I like watching while doing work. I know it sounds hard but I usually open 2 windows side by side and glance on the video player once in a while. Or sometimes I just really watch a movie or a TV series while waiting for the 3D render to finish.
Whenever I feel like watching something while working, I usually end up catching up on some TV series or re-watching movies:
- The Big Bang Theory
- Agents of Shield
- Firefly – watching old episodes for this one because they only ran in 1 season.
- I end up watching random movies but the last one I watched while I was working were Godzilla the Final Wars, Wall-E, The Book Thief and The Hangover 3.
Okay, I’m procrastinating. I need to go back to work. 🙂