I am currently laughing at myself for honestly mixing up dates! I was thinking that our TFG March f2f was scheduled on the 28th but it really is today, the 21st. If it wasn’t for a co-member/friend, I may not have realized the mistake and wouldn’t be able to attend. And I was anticipating the f2f for a month now! It would have been a total waste if I was not able to go because I replied ‘yes’ on the RSVP and already placed my order since the first week of March. Since the mix-up is now clear, I am trying to squeeze in as much work before heading out in the afternoon. I have deadlines and I think I’m behind. So, time to make a playlist to keep me inspired.
If you ask me who my favorite band is, I might gush and shout that it’s the Arctic Monkeys(fan girl moment here)! I am not exactly sure when I first heard the band’s songs, maybe around 2008 or 2009. But I just know I love their music since hearing their songs while browsing for new songs to listen to. And since then, I mostly play their songs on repeat or maybe play their songs first before anyone else’s. I mostly like their music because of the upbeat and interesting rhythm of the guitars and drums. I also like the idea that they have a theme for every album.
The Arctic Monkeys is an English rock band formed in 2002 and has released 5 albums since. Here are my favorites from each album:
- Beneath The Boardwalk (2004 unofficial demo collection) – 1) Choo Choo 2) Dancin’ Shoes
- Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not (2006) – 1) A Certain Romance [this is my number 1 favorite song from their band] 2) I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor 3) Fake Tales of San Francisco 4) Mardy Bum
- Leave Before The Lights Come On (2006 single) – 1) Baby I’m Yours [2nd favorite song] 2) Leave Before The Lights Come On
- Favourite Worst Nightmare (2007) – 1) Teddy Picker 2) Brianstorm 3) Fluorescent Adolescent
- Humbug (2009) – 1) My Propeller 2) Cornerstone 3) Crying Lighting
- Suck It and See (2011) – 1) Brick by Brick 2) Suck It and See 3) Black Treacle
- AM (2013) – 1) Do I Wanna Know 2) Arabella 3) One for The Road 4) Snap Out Of It 5) I Wanna Be Yours
How I wish they could go here in the Philippines for a concert someday.
Hope you liked their music as much as I do. Happy weekend! 🙂