It’s been a little over a week in September and I haven’t posted on my August log. As usual, I was preoccupied with other things and was not able to regularly maintain my blog as I used to. Fortunately though, I have some free time today and will be rounding up little accomplishments and set new goals for the month ahead.
August has been a good month for reading. I was able to finish 4 books:
- Ubik by Philip Dick (5/5)
- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (5/5)
- No Biking in the House Without a Helmet by Melissa Fay Greene (4/5)
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (4/5)
I feel happy with the books I finished. Apparently, there were no disappointments with the novels I have read and I enjoyed them immensely. For September, I still have unfinished books on my shelf but I think I can finish it in the week ahead.
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand – been reading this since May, a bit philosophical but enjoying it since I don’t get to read much novels tackling architecture.
- The End of Faith by Sam Harris – also started reading this last May. Haha, I have started a lot of heavy reads during the summer. I try to read a chapter of this every other week or whenever I feel like it. For a book that’s only 350 pages long, it’s taking me quite a while. Not giving up on this though. Atheistic, yes but there’s a grain of truth in it. Definitely not for the religious. I don’t think I’ll finish it this month.
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee – September book discussion for our book club. Will be starting this after I finish The Fountainhead.
- The Mythology Class by Arnold Arre – have started a chapter of this graphic novel but haven’t progressed since. I plan to read this when I have a full day off and have no plans of going out. It looks like a short read that’ll only take a day.
Still have tons on my unread shelf. I don’t even know what to pick next. I have no art post for August since I have been out on most weekends. Hoping I can make some for September though.